The Facebook dark mode settings is a newly introduced feature that transforms the bright and white Facebook interface and messenger interface into shades of gray and black.
When you activate the dark mode on your Facebook and Messenger, it turns everything black, reducing the interface’s brightness and giving it a new look.
The dark mode interface is good for the eyes since it operates on a very reduced brightness. Also, the reduced brightness helps conserve battery better.
If you wish to activate the Facebook dark mode and the Facebook messenger dark mode, this article is just for you.
In this article, I will show you how to activate dark mode on your Facebook and Messenger accounts.
Dark Mode on Facebook and Facebook Messenger
What the dark mode does when activated on Facebook and Facebook messenger is that it turns or replaces the white themes on Facebook and messenger with black color.
This feature gives Facebook a new and beautiful look. A lot of Facebook users love this feature a lot.
Activating the dark mode on Facebook and Facebook messenger is very easy. However, this feature only works if you use the updated versions of your Facebook and Messenger apps.
If you are not using the updated version, you might have to head to your app store on your mobile device and update your Facebook and Facebook messenger to the latest versions.
Then, if you don’t have the apps, you might need to download and install them before we can proceed. In the next section, I will show you how to download and install the Messenger app on your device.
How to Download Facebook Messenger App
As I mentioned above, you cannot use Facebook dark mode if you do not have the Messenger app on your device.
Hence, the first step to using Facebook messenger dark mode is downloading and installing the Messenger app on your device.
To download the Facebook Messenger app on your device, follow the process below.
- Open the app drawer on your device.
- Find the Google play or app store icons and click on them to launch the mobile store.
- Next, hit the search bar and search for “Messenger.”
- You would then be directed to the official Facebook messenger page on the store. Find the install button and click on it to begin the downloading process.
After the download, it will be automatically installed on your device. Remember to keep your data connection turned on until the process is complete.
How to Enable Dark Mode on Facebook Messenger
It is very easy to enable dark mode on your Facebook messenger. Note that you would only see the option if it is available.
Follow the steps below to enable the dark mode on your Facebook messenger app.
- Launch the Facebook messenger app you downloaded and log in with your account.
- After logging in, hit your profile icon at the top left corner of the page.
- The first option under your profile photo is to enable the dark mode; simply check the box next to it to turn it on. When it is turned up, you will see the change.
How to Enable Dark Mode on Facebook
You can also enable dark mode on your Facebook account. The dark mode is available for all Facebook users, whether the app runs on Android or iOS.
Here is how to enable the Facebook dark mode on Android and iOS devices.
- After downloading and installing the app on your android device, tap on it to open it.
- Login to your account by entering your username and password into the boxes required, then hit the login button.
- Once you are signed in, tap on the menu icon (three horizontal dots) and tap on settings.
- Tap General and go to themes.
- You should now see a pop-up with a list of themes. From the pop-up, tap on “AMOLED.”
Turn on your iOS device and go to the settings page.
- From the settings page, tap “Accessibility.”
- Tap on “Display & Brightness.”
What is the goal of Facebook dark mode?
Dark mode in Messenger switches the background from white to black. This can assist in lowering brightness from your device in poorly lit environments.
Is the dark mode on Facebook good?
If you’re aiming to use Facebook in a manner that uses up less battery on your device or stresses your eyes less at bedtime, you should toggle on Facebook’s dark mode.
Why is dark mode good?
Dark mode releases less blue light, which minimises eye strain and blinking (eye problems), particularly in poor lighting conditions. If you studied before bed, using dark mode allows you to fall asleep easier, which can improve your productivity the next day.
That’s all on Facebook Dark Mode Settings. Please like and share this premium innovation on Facebook.