An archive is a historical document or record providing information about a place, institution or group of people.
Moving a message to the ‘archive’ folder hides such a message from your ‘inbox’ folder. An archived message will reappear in your inbox when you start another conversation.
Archived Messages On Messenger – How to See Archived Messages On Facebook Messenger
One of the reasons many people love Facebook is that one can organize his/her main list of conversations by archiving messages, which means saving and putting them away in a different folder.
The archived messages on Facebook are not deleted but ready to be reviewed anytime one wants, which is especially helpful if one wants to save the messages but doesn’t need to text him/her at the moment.
However, some users complain that they don’t know where to find and see the archived messages on Facebook Messenger.
If you are experiencing the same thing, fortunately, you can use the right tools and methods to retrieve your messages. That is why this article is especially for you! Even if you accidentally delete the messages, there is a way to recover them. Superb, right?
How to Access Archived Messages On Messenger for Desktop:
Accessing archived messages is very easy if you’re using Facebook for desktop, including Messenger.com and Facebook.com. Read on to find out the quick and easy steps involved.
To open your archived messages on Facebook, visit https://www.facebook.com/messages/archived/ to open the archived messages page directly.
Alternatively, you can manually find the archived messages to open them directly next time. This method is also quick and easy to use.
Follow the steps below to open your archived messages manually. This is for Facebook.com users.
- Go to Facebook.com and open Messages at the top of the page, on the menu bar, next to your profile name.
- A drop-down menu appears, and you select See All in Messenger at the bottom.
- On the top left of the page, there is the Settings button with the gear icon. Click it and select Archived Threads.
- Then you can see all your archived messages!
- Open Facebook Messenger, log in and tap the Home button on the bottom left of the screen.
- Tap the search bar on the top of the screen, and type in the name of the archived messages’ recipient. If you’re looking for a group chat, enter any member’s name to search for it.
- Then the archived chats will appear. Tap and see it.
Can you recover Facebook Messenger messages?
You can get back deleted Facebook Messenger messages by downloading them or by looking through old email notifications. Another way is to search in the cache of the Messenger app if you are using Android. Alternatively, your archived messages or contact the person you were chatting with for a copy.
Are archived messages hidden?
The chat archive allows you to hide conversations from view and save them in an archived folder, as the name suggests.