The Facebook dark mode is a newly introduced feature that transforms the bright and white Facebook interface and Facebook messenger interface into a shade of gray and black.
When you activate the dark mode on your Facebook and/or Facebook Messenger, it turns everything to black, thereby reducing the brightness of the interface and gives it a totally new look.
The dark mode interface is good for the eyes since it operates on a very reduced brightness. Also, the reduced brightness helps conserve battery better.
If you wish to activate the Facebook dark mode and the Facebook messenger dark mode, this article is just for you.
In this article, I will be showing you how to activate the dark mode on your Facebook and Facebook Messenger accounts.
Dark Mode on Facebook and Facebook Messenger
What the dark mode does when activated on Facebook and Facebook messenger is that it basically turns or replaces the white themes on Facebook and messenger to black color.
This feature really gives Facebook a new and beautiful look. A lot of Facebook users really love this feature a lot.
Activating the dark mode on Facebook and Facebook messenger is a very easy process. However, this feature only works if you are using the updated versions of your Facebook and Messenger apps.
If you are not using the updated version, you might have to head to your app store on your mobile device, and update your Facebook and Facebook messenger to the latest versions.
Then, if you don’t have the apps at all, you might need to download and install them before we can proceed. In the next section, I will be showing you how to download and install the Messenger app on your device.
How to Download Facebook Messenger App
Like I mentioned above, you are not able to use the Facebook dark mode if you do not have the Messenger app on your device.
Hence, the first step to using the Facebook messenger dark mode is to download and install the Messenger app on your device.
To download the Facebook Messenger app on your device, follow the process below.
- Open the app drawer on your device.
- Find the Google play icon or the app store icon and click on it to launch the mobile store.
- Next, hit the search bar and search for “Messenger”.
- You would then be directed to the official Facebook messenger page on the store. Find the install button and click on it to begin the downloading process.
After the download is completed, it would be automatically installed on your device. Always remember to keep your data connection turned on until the process is complete.
How to Enable Dark Mode on Facebook Messenger
It is very easy to enable the dark mode on your Facebook messenger. Note that you would only see the option if it is available to you.
Follow the steps below to enable the dark mode on your Facebook messenger app.
- Launch the Facebook messenger app you just downloaded on your device and log in with your Facebook account.
- After logging in, hit your profile icon at the top left corner of the page.
- The first option under your profile photo is for you to enable the dark mode; simply check the box next to it for you to turn on the dark mode. When it is turned up, you would see the change.
How to Enable Dark Mode on Facebook
You can also enable the dark mode on your Facebook account. The dark mode is available for all Facebook users, whether the app is running on an Android device or iOS.
Here is how to enable the Facebook dark mode on Android and iOS devices.
- After you have downloaded and installed the app on your android device, tap on it to open it.
- Login to your account by entering your username and account password into the boxes required then hit the login button.
- Once you are signed in, tap on the menu icon (three horizontal dots) and tap on settings.
- Tap General and go to themes.
- You should now see a pop-up with a list of themes. From the pop-u, tap on “AMOLED”.
Turn on your iOS device and go to the settings page.
- From the settings page, tap “Accessibility”.
- Tap on “Display & Brightness”.
That’s all on Facebook Dark Mode Settings. Please like and share this premium innovation on Facebook.