Tired of getting bugged by the notifications you get o Facebook? Do you find them irksome? Fortunately, these notifications can be turned off. Ways to turn Facebook notifications off using either your desktop, iOS or android devices are stated at some point in this post.
It is undeniable that Facebook notifications basically make you aware of activities on Facebook. Through notifications, you get informed about messages, the activities of your friends, applications, pages, and groups you subscribe to, or to read a new thread, confirm friend requests, or updates. However, excessive notifications can get one peeved.
How to turn off Facebook notifications
Notifications can be disabled from within the iOS “Notification Center” in your iPhone’s main settings menu. Follow the steps below.
- Go to “Settings” on your iOS device
- Scroll down to find “Notification Center” and click on it
- Scroll down to find “Facebook” and click on it
- From here, you can personalize your Facebook notifications
Notifications can be disabled from within “Apps” in your android device’s main settings menu. Follow the steps below.
- Go to “Settings” on your android device
- Scroll down to find “Apps” and click on it. Some android devices will take you straight to the applications installed on your device while some will open a new window the “Manage applications” and “Default install location” sub menus. If the later is the case on your device, select “Manage applications“
- Scroll down to find Facebook and click on it. This takes you to “App info” page of Facebook.
- Go to where you have “Show notifications“. You’ll notice a box beside it which is already checked. Click that box to to get it unchecked. A prompt pops up with the following message; “If you turn off notifications for this app, you may miss important alerts and updates”
- Click “OK“
To disable notifications on your desktop, you have to login to Facebook first. Then follow the steps below.
- Click the downward facing arrow on the blue notification bar. A scroll down menu with several options pops up
- Click “Settings”. You should see a list of options on the extreme left hand side of the page
- Click “Notifications“
- A bunch of options on how to personalize your notifications comes up. Personalize away.