Do you wish to reset your Facebook password? Keep reading to find out how as this post uncovers how to go about doing exactly that.
There are times you may find yourself stuck with the decision of having to reset your Facebook password. This may result from forgetting your password after you may have uninstalled your Facebook application or lost your device. Whatever the case, you can reset your password and get on with having fun again on Facebook.
Steps to resetting your Facebook password
To reset your Facebook password either on your desktop and mobile device, follow the steps given below;
- Open the Facebook website by visiting https://www.facebook.com/. This opens the Facebook login page.
- Click the “Forgotten account” link button. This link button is directly below the Password text box. This will take you to another page where you’ll be requested to enter either your email address or phone number.
- Enter any of the two (email address or phone number) which is associated with your Facebook account.
- Click “Search” afterwards. The search option is below the text box. A number of options as to how you would like to receive the six-digit code which would allow you to reset your password pops up. These options include: “Use my Google account“, “Send code via email” and “Send code via SMS“.
- Choose an option you consider most convenient.
- Click “Send“. It’s at the bottom right corner. At this point, the six-digit code should be sent to you in a moment.Retrieve the code.
- Enter the code correctly into text box which carries the “Enter code” text field.
- Click “Continue“. It’s at the bottom right corner.
- Enter your new password into the text box with the “New password” text field.
- Click “Continue“. This saves the new password you just entered.
You’ll be required to use this new password when logging in to Facebook, henceforth.
- Open your Facebook by tapping the Facebook icon.This takes you to the login window.
- Click the “Forgot password?” link button. This button is directly below the “Log In” button. You’ll be prompted to choose a browser (from the browsers you have installed on your device) to “complete action with”.
- Choose a browser. This will take you to a Facebook page on the browser you’ve chosen and you’ll be asked to enter either an email address or a phone number in a text box.
- Enter any of the two (email address or phone number) associated with your Facebook account.
- Click “Search“.
- Tap the radio button. This button is beside “email a link to:” on the new window which you’re taken to once your email account has been found.
- Click . On doing this, the six-digit code should be sent to you in a moment. Once received, retrieve the code.
- Enter the six-digit code correctly into the text box which appears in the window you’ve been taken to.
- Click “Continue“. You’ll be taken to a new window with two text boxes with “New Password” and “Confirm Password” text fields.
- Enter and confirm your new password.
- Click “Continue” to sign in with the new password and start using your Facebook account.