Blocking someone is a way of preventing them from seeing your timeline and your posts, and banning them from tagging or inviting, messaging or adding you as a friend.
What if you block someone mistakenly and you want to unblock?
This article will aid you in order to unblock your friend on Facebook.
So when blocking someone, they will be automatically unfriended, and unblocking them will not add them as a friend immediately.
How long do you have to wait before you can unblock someone on Facebook?
If you block someone and then unblock them, you need to wait 48 hours until you can friend them again.
Got it? Let’s jump in.
How to Unblock Someone on Facebook
1. On Facebook, click the down-arrow icon in the top right and then select “Settings”.
2. On the left side of your Settings page, click “Blocking”.
3. Find the “Block users” section, and click the blue “Unblock” link beside the name of the person you want to unblock.
4. Click “Confirm” to officially unblock that person.
How To Unblock Someone On Facebook Messenger App
To unblock someone on Messenger, do the following;
- From Home, tap your profile picture in the top left corner.
- Tap People and then tap Blocked.
- Tap the name of the person you want to unblock.
- Tap next to Block Messages to unblock them.
- Form Home, tap your profile picture in the top right corner.
- Scroll down and tap People.
- Tap Blocked people.
- Tap Unblock next to the name of the person you want to unblock.
Want to know how to get that done on your personal computer?
If yes, here is the steps involved.
1. Open your Messenger account. You can do that by clicking Messenger in the left column of your Facebook news feed.
Or you can enter https://messenger.com in your browser and then click on the enter button to proceed to the Messenger login page.
If you’re yet to log in to your account, you can enter your login details and then click on the login button to continue to your account.
2. Click on the gear icon at the left column of the Messenger interface. This will open up a drop-down menu with options you can select from.
3. Next, click on Archived Threads from the drop-down menu. This will open a new page displaying the list of the persons you’ve restricted from interacting with you on the platform.
4. Click on the unblock button next to the person’s name
To unblock someone:
- Click in the top right of any Facebook page
- Click Privacy Shortcuts
- Click How do I stop someone from bothering me?
- Click View All Blocked Users.
- Click Unblock next to the name of the person you want to unblock.