Facebook Messenger is amazing as it allows users to use the messaging feature of Facebook without having to access your mobile browser.
Through the Facebook messenger apps, communicating with your Facebook contacts is quick and simple. Your contacts are displayed in a list, and all you have to do is click one to start a conversation.
The Facebook messenger app also sends notifications to your device when you have received a message from one of your contacts
What Is Facebook Messenger? – Facebook Messenger Update
The Facebook Messenger is an instant messaging app, owned and introduced by the most popular social media site, Facebook.
But do you know that this instant messaging app can do more than just chatting and messaging? Of course, it can! With this app, you can so much.
You can engage in chats and messaging, send and share your photos and videos to your stories and your friends, engage in group chats, make voice calls and video calls with your friends and engage in so much.
This messenger app is brought to you by Facebook and so you can make use of the app with the Facebook account you already have. However, this is not compulsory.
You really do not need to have a Facebook to make use
of this amazing app. You could choose to make use of your Facebook account or not. But for you to get started, you need to have the app in your device.
Features of Facebook Messenger
Below are some of the amazing features of the Facebook messenger that you should know about.
- Send a Message: The Facebook messenger makes it easy to exchange phone numbers, just send a message. It’s seamless across devices.
- Show your Reaction: Add a silly sticker, send a dancing GIF and use emojis to express yourself better.
- Share Photos or Videos: Capture the moment with the Messenger Camera, add a filter or doodle, then send to friends or share to Stories.
- Rally the Group: Make plans to get together with polls, share your location, split the bill and more.
- Hop on a Call or Video: Hang out anywhere, anytime by getting on call or a group video chat.
- Send a Voice Message: When text just won’t cut it, just hit record and send say, sing or shout it out loud.
- Send Money Securely and Easily (within US, UK and France only): Send and receive money from friends in the app by adding your debit card or PayPal account.
- Share your Location: Suggest a meeting spot or tell friends where you are by sharing your location with just a few taps.
- Chat with Business: Easily connect with your favorite businesses to make reservations, get customer support, find deals and more.
- Play Games with Friends: Challenge friends, climb leaderboards, and discover your next gaming obsession.
- Bring SMS into Messenger: No need to open multiple apps to stay in touch. Use one app for SMS and Messenger.
How to Download Facebook Messenger – Facebook Messenger Update
Follow the steps below to download the Facebook messenger on your Android or iOS devices.
On IOS Devices and Tablets
- Open your Apple app store. Once the store page is open, click on the search icon.
- Once you click on it, you will find a search box, type in Messenger and search for it.
- a list of apps will be shown to you on the next page, click on the Messenger app and hit the GET button.
- Hit the INSTALL button.
- Once the download process, open the app and log in to Messenger.
- If you have a Facebook account, enter your phone number or email and password to log in.
- If you do not have an account, then you have to Sign up to Messenger by clicking on Not on Facebook?
- Enter your number or email and a code will be sent to you.
- Verify your account with the code and add a photo of yourself.
- Import your contact list to messenger, and any of your contact available on messenger will be available on your Messenger contact list.
- Once you are done with that, you can get started!
On Android Devices
- Open the Google Play store on your device.
- At the top of the page, in the search box, type in Messenger and search.
- Click on the Messenger app and click on the Install button.
- Wait for the download process to finish and Open.
- Log in Messenger with your Facebook account, enter your email or number and password and log in. And if you do not have a Facebook account, click on Not of Facebook?
- Enter your number and provide the code sent to you, in order to verify your Messenger account.
- Enter your name and import your contacts.
- Now you can get started with your Messenger Application.
On Computers and Desktops
- The Messenger app is not supported on computers and desktop, so you have to go through the site on www.messenger.com.
- Once the page is open, you have to Continue to Messenger, with your Facebook account.
- Click on Continue as “Your Name”
- Enter your email or phone number.
- Enter your password and click on Continue.
- Now you can get started with the Messenger Application.