Facebook marketplace gives one the opportunity to sell products at a minimal cost to a large buyers, but some rules are put in place in order to ensure fair practices and safety therein:
Restricted list of items that cannot be sold
There are actually items which cannot be sold on the marketplace. These items are banned on Facebook. These items include:
- Adult products or services.
- Digital media and electronic devices.
- Event tickets.
- Gift Cards.
- Healthcare items (thermometers, first-aid kits, etc.).
- Illegal, prescription or recreational drugs.
- Tobacco products or tobacco paraphernalia.
- Unsafe supplements.
- Weapons, ammunition, or explosives.
The item to be sold must be a physical item.
There is a ban on items that are not ‘physical’. For example:
- “in search of” posts.
- lost and found posts.
3. Item and image description must match.
The photo and description and title must match.
4. Before-and-after pictures are prohibited.
Before and after pictures are banned.
Facebook has gone through great lengths to ensure that Marketplace is a safe place for people to buy and sell online.