How to deactivate a Facebook account. Here is what will happen, this post will give you a detailed guide on how to do a Facebook account deactivation.
Please note that deactivations are temporal unlike deleting a facebook account. A temporary deactivated account can be easily reactivated with all data intact.
Deactivating Facebook account can be done as fast as possible. Let’s get started.
Be certain that you wish to deactivate your Facebook account before going through this procedure. Once you are sure that you want to take a temporal break from Facebook, you can now go-ahead to follow the process below.
Deactivate using a Random Password Method
The method I’m outlining today will show how to permanently deactivate your Facebook account. The key factor is changing your password to something random before deactivation. That way, you don’t feel a little weakness and jump back into the abyss.
Follow steps to delete your account permanently.
Step 1: Generate a random new password. This will help you to forget your Facebook account password, and it will boost your account deletion even more.
Step 2: Change your Facebook password
- Go to settings and privacy
- Select: – security and login
- Select: – Change password
Put your new password as generated above in step: 1
NOW DELETE YOU FACEBOOK ACCOUNT
Step 3: Click on this link https://www.facebook.com/help/delete_account
NOTE: – You can get to this link by searching in ‘Facebook help’ page. All you have to search is ‘how to delete the account permanently.’ Then follow the steps. You might need to click on ‘Let us know’ link.
Step 4: Fill up your Facebook password and captcha.
Step 5: Congratulations, you have successfully applied for your account deletion. Your account will be deleted only if you do not log in to your account in the next 14 days.
Deactivate My Facebook Account Temporarily
- Click on that drop-down arrow on the toolbar, then click Settings.
- A settings page should appear. Click on General > Manage Account, then tap Deactivate.
- Choose a reason for deactivating the account. If you’re feeling it, you can add more details in the text box below. When you’re done, click Deactivate.
- Choose Deactivate Now.
- Your account will immediately be deactivated. There’s an option to reactivate your account whenever by simply signing in to Facebook with your old account information.
I hope this article on Deactivate My Facebook Account Temporarily helps.
Please share this article.